"We are the music makers,
And we are the dreamers of dreams..."
~Arthur O'Shaughnessy, "Ode"
We are also fencers and dancers, archers and brewers, warriors and poets, smiths and weavers. We are the Barony of Caer Galen, the Boulder - Broomfield - Longmont CO local chapter of Society for Creative Anachronism. We're dedicated to reenactment and recreation of Middle Ages' and Renaissance's best qualities, arts, crafts, warfare and culture, and traditions of chivalry, courtesy, honor and pageantry.
Our members come from all walks of life to share in the camaraderie and learning, to create and dream together in the workshops and on the fields of battle and to share songs and laughter around the campfires while living the idealized style and grace of past ages and faraway places.
We hope you find yourself laughing, learning, teaching and dreaming with us before long.
~Andros and Jeanne-Marie, Fourth Baron and Baroness of Caer Galen
Sunday archery practices take place in Scout Park during the summer months (weather permitting). The range fee is $3. Scout Park is an unimproved park with no facilities, so be sure to bring water. Loaner gear is available if you are interested.
- Take your best route to I-25 and 120th Ave and go east to the first light.
- Turn south/right on Grant and go to the first light, adjacent to Boondocks.
- Turn left/east on Malley Dr.
- Go two blocks and turn right/south on Highline Dr. This parallels a canal.
- Go for about a quarter mile, just before you go over a bridge on the canal, turn right on a dirt track into a meadow.
303-437-4707 (no calls after 10 pm)